TURNING GREEN



Your glove had a hole,
So I let you borrow mine,
After all my coat was quite thick.
I’ll just pocket the gloveless hand,
Case solved,
Day saved,
From the harsh climate you have been rescued.

With a glint of something,
Something that alarmed me,
 You eyed my coat and me.
“Enough with the paranoia,”
I chided myself.
“It's gratitude not greed ”
Still, uncertainty surfaced,
Each time I saw,
 The distinct glint.

There is something more to that look,
My intuition insisted.
“It’s just admiration laced with respect,” 
I foolishly dismissed.
Somehow by saying so,
And choosing my faith in you over my intuition,
I opened up myself,
To your ruthless ways. 


A good game you played,
 First you earned my trust,
Then you struck.

In the dead of the night,
Masked by a shroud of darkness,
You drove a knife in my back,
And took the coat off of my back,
Leaving me,
Alone and exposed,
To the harsh winter weather .

I could barely bare to look at lady intuition,
As with a self satisfactory smirk,
She cackled and spat out,
“I WARNED YOU, I WARNED YOU
Now your naivety has doomed you. ”






Comments

  1. Very touching msg here...hp the way am understanding is right...all about betrayal and cheating "relationship"

    ReplyDelete
  2. ❤๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ. Intuition wins again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts